Agriculture is an industry in continuous evolution which creates requests and needs which are getting more and more specific on the part of farmers and manufacturers of plastic goods. Many years of experience in this industry make VIBA products differ from the market standards and suitable to meet any kind of specific requirement aimed at the protection of crops.
- UV Master confer an adequate protection from sun’s rays to film (for greenhouses, mulching and ensiling) to raffia, monofilament and woven non woven
- Antifog and Antimist which avoid fogging of the greenhouse film caused by the formation of condensation of water droplets on the film. These additives, by preventing the formation of droplets which causes damage to crops, also maintains the film totally transparent
- Cooling Agents reduce temperature inside the greenhouse without depriving crops inside of the benefits of UV radiation
- Photoselective Agents are primarily used in mulching films so as to impede the growth of weeds whilst maintaining the soil warm and reducing the evaporation of water
- Antivirus are specific for greenhouse cover films, effective in preventing the transmission of viruses by harmful insects
- Specific Masterbatches for solarization films employed for soil sterilization, thus reducing the usage of chemical compounds
Flexible PackagingIn recent years the production of flexible packaging has grown remarkably showing a strong growth trend due to the fact that many products, which were once sold unpackaged, are nowadays being offered packaged by large retailers.
At the same time the development of new polymers has rendered this continuously evolving industry even more sophisticated and VIBA, in constant partnership with main transformers and extrusion machinery producers, has developed a wide range of additive Masterbatches which can be combined with VIBATAN® pigment formulations.
One ranges from single colour or additive concentrates to a combination of these. Amongst the polymers which support these Masterbatches we find: traditional ones such as Polyethylene (LLDPE, LDPE and HDPE), Polypropylene (Homopolymer or Copolymer for bubble extrusion, cast extrusion and BOPP), Polystyrene and more innovative ones such as Technopolymers (PA, PET) and Biopolymers (PLA – thermoplastic starch).
We are thus able to offer the most adequate solution for every need, providing both traditional as well and specific innovative solutions for the most varied requests coming from the market.
Rigid PackagingIn the past decades rigid packaging has shown serious growth and has good possibilities of further growth since in many instances the logical choice is for rigid plastic packaging, whose mean weight is constantly being reduced.
Rigid plastic packaging finds thus countless industrial applications, one only has to think of the pharmaceutical and cosmetics industry. VIBA is absolutely able to offer a complete range of Masterbatches which can satisfy the most diverse client requirements.
ExtrusionVIBA has a wide range of Masterbatches specifically made for goods produced by extrusion.
Extruded goods are characterized by different thicknesses: very thick for tubes or sheets, very thin for woven non woven and raffia. This requires utmost attention for the choice of ingredients in the formulation of the Masterbatches, whose high colorimetric yield and low percentage usage allows for a significant containment of costs, thus contributing to the competitiveness of the finished product. The outstanding technical and superior characteristics of these Masterbatches meet in full the strict Norms of quality controls.
Injection MouldingThis is the industry in which VIBA’s creativity can stretch at it maximum in the infinite variety of colour shades, special effects and additive features, all in wide variety of polymers. For this industry in constant evolution we avail ourselves of an extremely wide range of products which can give an assured result to each requirement.
Both for strictly aesthetic applications as well as with performance requirements such as:
- Colour Masterbatches countertypeing main worldwide colour standards (Pantone, RAL and NCS, etc.)
- Pearlescent Masterbatches
- Metallized effect Masterbatches
- Chromatic effect Masterbatches
- Thermochromatic effect Masterbatches
- Fragrance Masterbatches
- Combibatch (Pigments plus additives such as Antistatic, Anti UV Stabilizers, Process Aids, Release agents, etc.)
- Laser Marking
- Anti-distortion Masterbatch formulations for the manufacturing of large goods in polyolefin resins
Blow MouldingThe possibility of making finished products from plastic resins in different hollow shapes has had an incredible growth since the 40’s with the introduction of Polyethylene and the subsequent ease in producing swiftly and in a large scale goods of everyday use such as bottles and containers. VIBA avails itself of Masterbatches devised for injection – blow molding, extrusion blowing and ISBN (Injection Stretch Blow Moulding) for food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries. This has enabled our company to create innovative formulations dedicated to this important industry.
Bio ProductsBiodegradable polymers have been subject to intense research since there has been a pressing demand to have new materials available as an alternative to plastics with a high environmental impact. These originate from renewable nonpolluting raw materials and are characterized by a short decay period in which they revert to natural elements.
As always, alert to the new requirements of the market VIBA’s Laboratories have developed innovative Biopolymer Masterbatches. These are easily transformed with conventional methods and machinery and perfectly suitable for the productions of goods that have to meet the parameters of the European Norm UNI EN 13432. The research for raw materials as an origin for Biopolymers is in constant evolution as well as the production of Biopolymers which are more and more differentiated so as to meet the requirements of the most diverse applications. VIBA has developed its Masterbatches differentiating them in two main families.
- VIBATAN® PLA: Colour concentrate additives or combined Masterbatches supported on various grades of Polylactic Acid, selected in accordance to the transformation process and use (extrusion of film or sheets and injection moulding or blow moulding)
- VIBATAN® MB Bio: Colour concentrates supported on different grades of thermoplastic resin derived from starch (thermoplastic starch), selected according to the end use
These product families have been formulated in strict accordance to the guidelines and restrictions of the European composting Norm UNI EN 13432.
WPCVIBA offers a wide range of VIBATAN® for WPC (Wood Plastic Composite) suitable for the colouring and additivating of polymers with wood flour filler on HDPE, PP and PVC base.
The product range comprises:
- Coloured Masterbatches available in 15 standard colour shades as well as tailor made with specific pigments selected in accordance to the application for which the WPC is intended (external or internal use)
- Masterbatches developed to aid the processing during extrusion phase, to confer an adequate protection against the degradation due to outdoor use and the proliferation of fungi